This is just highlighting different possibilities of the Masala Beef Stew. Currently, there is a huge Covid-19 crisis happening in India. Every kind of medical equipment is running short; oxygen tasks are hard to find. To support these efforts, many organization have been raising funds.
I wanted to support those efforts as well and made a call on my instagram handle (click here) where I offered this recipe and my homemade LCY "CYOP" Masala Stew Mix pack to anyone who donated $10.00 to UNICEF efforts to support India.
Many thanks to all who did 🙏
Photo Credit: Christian Schrader
Christian sent me this photo after making the stew which I'm using with his permission of course.
1lb Protein* (2 cans drained any combination of beans - garbanzo, red kidney, or white beans; shaved beef steak; cubed chicken breast)
2 large russet potatoes (cubed)
10-15 Baby carrots halved
2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
2 teaspoon fresh grated garlic
I medium onion thinly sliced
I cup pasta sauce
2 teaspoon LCY "CYOP" Masala Stew Mix
1 teaspoon salt/to taste
1. Heat two teaspoons of cooking oil in a pot.
2. Add the garlic, ginger and onions. Saute for couple of minutes.
3. Throw in the protein and saute for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and add enough water to cover all the the meat and vegetables in the pot.
5. Bring to a boil. Once it starts boiling, reduce heat to medium, cover with a lid and cook for 30 minutes. It's ready to serve!
**(If you are inspired, check out the garlic braid as an accompaniment coming soon)**
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if anything is unclear or if you have any questions. If you try this recipe and it works for you or made modifications, please leave a comment to let the community know.