Updated: Aug 21, 2021
Okay, so this method uses a microwave to cook the rice. It was an experiment. I had heard about it before but had never tried it.
Then, after a social distance zoom chat during the pandemic, I bumped up against this concept again. I figured it was worth a try.
I did my research on the impact of microwaving food and with my research background, I'm satisfied that it is a safe method. Of course, feel free to go traditional. There is a post on that as well!
1 cup Basmati Rice
2 cups water
1. Wash the rice till the water runs clear.
2. Put the rice and water in a baking dish that will fit in the mirowave. (The flatter the base, the better. I used a Pyrex glass baking dish)
3. Set microwave timer to 14 minutes and cook uncovered. If possible, do not open the microwave and let the rice sit for 10 minutes.
4. After this resting period, your rice is ready. You know it's perfect if the rice is "standing up".
5. Fluff with a fork. Serve when you are ready to eat.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if anything is unclear or if you have any questions. If you try this recipe and it works for you or made modifications, please leave a comment to let the community know.