One of the practices from my kitchen that I have brought into my own kitchen is to boil potatoes and refrigerate them to whip up a quick and healthy dinner in less than 30 minutes. The possibilities are endless.
So when I realized that I could use pasta sauce, skip making the tomato puree and watching the blender, I was psyched.
This saag aloo goes marvelously well with some simple masoor daal and rice. Check out a hassle free way to make fluffy white rice in less than 15 minutes. Don't want to do rice? Swap it out with cauliflower rice or shredded cabbage.
The cauliflower rice is best cooked and. steamed per the package directions. The shredded cabbage, I like to quick steam just by pouring the hot lentils on it and letting it sit for a minute. The heat steams/cooks the cabbage perfectly. Give it a try!
4 - White Potatoes
1 Bag chopped fresh spinach
4 teaspoon LCY Go-To Curry Mix
1 teaspoon garam masala
3/4 cup pasta sauce
1. Boil and cube potatoes (size doesn't matter since it's already cooked)
2. Add about 3 tablespoons of oil in a wok.
3. Add the potatoes and all the spices saute on medium high heat saute/fry for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the pasta sauce and cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Optional - for a fresh green look, blanche the spinach in boiling hot water for 1 min and drain.
5. Add spinach to the potatoes and stir.
6. Add a tablespoon of oil.
7. Cover and cook for 3-4 for minutes.
8. If it's for lunch, serve with daal and rice.
9. If it's for dinner, serve with chapatis, or paratha. Daal may be added as well.
Please email me at email@example.com if anything is unclear or if you have any questions. If you try this recipe and it works for you or made modifications, please leave a comment to let the community know.